Consumer Services Division

Fairfax County, Virginia

CONTACT INFORMATION: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday

TTY 711

12000 Government Center Parkway, Suite 433
Fairfax, VA 22030

Rebecca Makely,
Division Director


File a Complaint
If you are a tenant with an unresolved dispute with a landlord, you can file a complaint online, download a complaint form, or contact the Consumer Affairs Branch. If you are a landlord you can contact us for advice and available resources.

When you file a tenant-landlord complaint, a consumer specialist will be assigned to your case. The consumer specialist will mediate the complaint between the tenant and landlord, and try to negotiate a resolution that is satisfactory to both parties.

If mediation is not successful, a voluntary, but legally-binding, arbitration process is available before proceeding to court action. The consumer specialist assigned to mediate your complaint will advise you if arbitration is an option.

Tenant-Landlord Commission its members, purpose, and meeting schedule.

Publications, Brochures, Checklists, and Videos
Frequently Asked Questions